Web Design – Terms and Conditions
A quote from Geeky Pug Digital Studio is provided using current market costs and are subject to amendment at any time to match an increase in costs.
By placing an order with Geeky Pug Digital Studio, you confirm that you are in agreement with and bound by the terms and conditions below. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- Geeky Pug Digital Studio will carry out work only where an agreement is provided in writing, either by email or paper, and a contract has been signed by you, the client, and returned to us.
Payment terms are strictly 25% of the overall fee as a deposit on project start before work commences, 25% payment on confirmation of final design choice and the remaining 50% to be paid upon completion. Alternative payment terms may apply to special offers. Geeky Pug Digital Studio reserve the right to await payment before any work is carried out.
- All websites will display company branding text Website by Geeky Pug Digital Studio or similar in the footer of each web page. This may be removed by the client at a later date should they wish for free without penalisation. If Geeky Pug Digital Studio is required to remove this a one off cost of £30 will be charged. The removal of this is not included in any included free support.
- All of our web design packages include free support as a gesture of goodwill. This support is covered by its own terms and conditions. See Terms of Support for further information.
- Once your site is live under the agreed domain it is assumed that the project has been completed to your satisfaction.
- Geeky Pug Digital Studio does not accept responsibility for any changes that you make to your website. Any advice on updating your site or rectifying any edits made outside of our free support conditions or dates will be charged at the hourly rate. See Terms of Support for further information. This information is subject to change.
- You will be required to submit your own text and/or images for addition on your new website. All text should be divided into sections relevant to your page names and submitted by you, when requested, in electronic format (preferably Microsoft Word) via email. All text and images submitted must be free of copyright and Geeky Pug Digital Studio accepts no responsibility for any infringement of copyright law arising from any text and/or images used on your site.
If you do not supply content before we create the initial draft we may use placeholder images to complete a draft design. These images may/may not come from search engines and may/may not be copyright protected and by keeping any placeholder content you accept all responsibility for it. All spell checking is the responsibility of the client. Any photographs, logos or graphics you wish to include should be submitted in either JPEG, PNG, PDF, PSD, AI or EPS format via e-mail as an attachment or via post/in person on a CD or pen drive (we are unable to return these to you).
We are able to provide a selection of professional photographs and imagery that are royalty free. These will be charged at the trade price we purchase them for without additional fees.
- All rights and copyrights for any designs created by Geeky Pug Digital Studio will be transferred to the customer upon the final payment of the project. Until this point all copyright will belong to Geeky Pug Digital Studio.
- We reserve the right to include a screenshot of, and link to your completed website on our website and on any of our social media accounts. If you do not wish your website to be publicised in this manner this should be discussed with the team. If this is not stated or discussed at any point during the project it is assumed that Geeky Pug Digital Studio can publicise the website.
- All sites can be viewed on laptops, desktop PC’s and tablets running the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome at the time of creation.
- Responsive websites are provided completely free of charge as part of the package purchased. All of our current packages include responsive designs. Unless stated otherwise in your contract your website will be mobile friendly. If for any reason you do not wish your website to be responsive this will be charged as an additional fee.
- Geeky Pug Digital Studio accepts no liability for any loss of profit caused to the customer by the expiration of the domain name or any included hosting package. Once the website is live after the final payment has been made and any included support has ended, the website is the sole responsibility of the client.
- Website drafts will be created based on the design brief and information provided by the client. If the brief changes dramatically after the final design which results in a complete redesign then a charge of £10 per hour will be applied. If feedback is not received within approximately 2 (two) weeks of supplying the initial draft Geeky Pug Digital Studio reserve the right to terminate the contract and invoice the client for the work carried out to the specified date.
- If Geeky Pug Digital Studio request further information and do not receive a reply for a period of approximately 2 (two) weeks of supplying the initial draft we reserve the right to terminate the contract and invoice the client for the work carried out to the specified date.
- Should the final payment not be received within 30 (thirty) days of the invoice being issued Geeky Pug Digital Studio reserve the right to terminate any included free support that is offered to clients. Any changes or support required will subsequently be charged at our hourly fee. See Terms of Support for further information.
- Due to external factors we cannot offer any guarantees regarding the search engine position of any website. We cannot accept liability for any change in rankings, or drop off in the position of your website due to changes in the algorithms of the search engines or the factors.
- Geeky Pug Digital Studio reserve the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or controversial. We also reserve the right to refuse to handle any site found to be involved in any illegal or illicit search engine optimisation techniques. Should any of these situations arise we reserve the right to terminate your service without notice and you will not be due a refund on any monies paid.
- Geeky Pug Digital Studio services are not available for resale. By placing the order you confirm you are the end recipient of the website. If we establish you have ordered a website on behalf of another individual for the sole purpose of reselling, the contract will be terminated with immediate effect and you will be invoiced for the work carried out to date.
- Geeky Pug Digital Studio charge a late fee on any invoices that are unpaid 30 (thirty) days after the due payment date. The late fee currently charged is £10. Geeky Pug Digital Studio reserve the right to alter this amount at any time.
Web Hosting – Terms and Conditions
Last update, July 2017